The Société des amis de Marcel Proust et des Amis de Combray, created in 1947, aims to bring together Proust's readers and promote his work. It is a literary and cultural association, considered to be of public interest since 1955, with the specificity of counting among its members both amateurs (lovers of literature, literary figures, etc.) and professionals alike (academics, specialists, etc.). It is also an association of friends of the Maison de tante Léonie, who wish to support the opening of this museum dedicated to Marcel Proust and to participate in the enrichment of its collections.
Maison de tante Léonie - Musée Marcel-Proust
La Maison de tante Léonie, in Illiers-Combray, is the headquarters of the association, which has been classified as a historical monument since 1961. It is in this house, which belonged to his uncle Jules Amiot, that the young Marcel Proust, as a child, spent several of his Easter holidays between 1877 and 1880. Thanks to the support of its members and patrons, the SAMP opened this house to the public, transformed into the Maison de tante Léonie - Musée Marcel-Proust, where temporary exhibitions are organised (for example, in co-production with the Gallimard publishing house and the Eure-et-Loir department, "Marcel Proust, prix Goncourt 1919").
Guided tours are organised throughout the museum's opening period, from 15 January to 15 December each year. More information is available by clicking on this link.
Journée des Aubépines
A traditional event of the association, the Journée des Aubépines held every year on a Saturday in May in Illliers-Combray.